Thursday, November 20, 2008

Two Types of People

Hello Friends,

In my 29 years of network marketing, I've found there are two types of people - those who make excuses (or blame) and those who make money. Network marketing creates an equal opportunity for everyone. The circumstances of your life don't matter, as I've met network marketing millionaires from 18 to over 80, both men and women, all ethnic groups, college educated and didn't finish high school, business background and no business back ground, and all walks of life. Anyone can be successful in this business.

The key to success is you. Are you going to make excuses - not enough time, not enough money, don't know enough people, aren't good with people, can't do presentations, need to be home with the kids, afraid of what people will think or say - those are just a few that I hear regularly and when I hear them, I immediately know that those people are not going to make money. I also hear a lot of blame - no upline help, sponsor didn't put anyone under me, company doesn't supply training, system doesn't work, blah blah blah. Again, I know that this person isn't going to make any money.

My first 10 years of network marketing I was a miserable failure. I did everything wrong, but I learned from each experience and then used what I learned to build bigger networks each time. For the last 7 years I've been retired and living off the residual income from my last venture. I never made any excuses or blamed anyone and the result was that I made money. Now, I didn't have any upline support, no one sponsored anyone under me, there wasn't a training system, and at the time I was working a full-time corporate job and had five children at home. There were plenty of opportunies for excuses and blame. Now, don't get me wrong, I did plenty of blaming and making excuses in the past, and I didn't make money, but I learned and I hope you will too.

I'm now excited to be back in network marketing and building another large network and stream of residual income. In these crazy economic times (and it will get worse), it makes sense to have multiple streams of income. I've learned to watch my tongue, as it can get me in a lot of trouble. There is a great little book called Hung by the Tongue that every network marketer should read. I believe that more businesses are destroyed and dreams dashed by the tongue than for any other reason. There is power in what you say. The Bible says that there is life and death in the tongue. Are you speaking life or death to your business? If you're complaining all the time, then you are speaking death to your business. The Bible also tells us that we should speak things that are not, as though they were. So speak about your business and future as you want them to be, not as they are now. Your mind will move toward that dominant thought and the coordinating actions will take you to success.

I want to see everyone of you succeed in network marketing. It doesn't matter to me whether you are with my company or on my team; I just want you to succeed, so feel free to e-mail me by clicking HERE to ask questions or get some minor coaching. Also, please share with me your network marketing success stories. I'll share some of them in my blog.

Have an awesome day!

Rod

No comments: