Friday, July 3, 2009

Donald Trump and Network Marketing

Well, the Donald has been talking about network marketing for some time now and it looks like he's putting his money where his mouth is. According to everyone who has been approaching me, it's the best thing since sliced bread, the hottest network marketing company ever, and according to one video - "a guaranteed success". NOT!

Maybe we should cut through all the hype and look at some facts. Here's what the MLM Watchdog has to say:

TRUMP NETWORK - MLM
25 Mar 2009 NYC -- Donald Trump, following his own teachings, bought the "junk yard dog" MLM company Ideal Health. Cheap I bet, per traffic data below. Ideal health, founded in 2003, promoted testing to sell custom made nutritionals for people. They have never been a boomer. Sam Caster of Mannatech (shame or fame?) started Metabolic Technologies back in 1992 in his sister’s name. Metabolic Technologies was a testing and custom nutritional MLM that crashed and burned along with 2-3 others down the MLM halls of time.


Okay, back to me. I don't always agree with the WatchDog, but in this case I think they are right on. Ideal Health is an older company that never took off and although the Trump name will cause a lot of excitement, it won't carry the company for the long-term and mark my words, if it's not making money, the people running Ideal Health are going to hear "You're Fired!"

Watch for my next post, when I'll reveal a new company that I think does have great potential.

No comments: